Car Park Management
Osprey provides two complementary modes for car park management:
- Interface to existing car park management systems which already provide the car park counting information
- UTMC car park management by interfacing directly to car park counters using UTMC MIBs to gather count/occupancy information.
Osprey can gather processed count data and faults from an existing Car Park Management System, using the Osprey Car Park Adapter software. Alternatively, it can gather the raw count data and faults from the car park counting devices which are monitoring car park entrances and exits.
The system then processes and stores the raw car park data and displays the real-time information on car park guidance signs. This approach ensures that existing and new car parks can easily be integrated into the UTMC system.
Osprey stores data relating to static car park information and dynamic car park spaces and faults.
The occupancy data collected from the car parks is stored in the database for historical analysis and used to develop a daily profile for each car park. Real-time occupancy data is used to ‘smooth’ historic profiles data (provided it lies within an acceptable range). Profile data can then be used in place of real-time data if the real-time data is not available for any reason. With the profiling enabled and if the car park is not responding to requests for occupancy, this profile data can be used to predict the likely occupancy of the car park at that time.
Car Parks and Car Park Guidance VMS signs are displayed as icons in the Osprey Web Client. The display includes details of the car park static data, the current car park status and the status of the signs. The operator can view a graph of real-time car park occupancy against the average (for every day of the week simultaneously if required). The car park data can then be available to assist with car park planning and trend / performance evaluation.
The system is also capable of accommodating complex car parks which have multiple exits/entrances and temporary floors/areas.
The following car park functionality is provided by Osprey:
- Monitoring and data collection capabilities which will determine car-park occupancies
- Occupancy threshold levels for each car park
- Monitoring and processing of car park information to determine threshold being reached/exceeded
- Implementation of VMS legend displays based on threshold criteria, such as high occupancy
- Facilities to set-up composite car parks by combining individual car parks into an area/group
- Ability to display composite car park information on the signs
- Calculation of spaces remaining
- Operator facilities to override any message
- Facilities for recalibration to recover from cumulative errors or fluctuations
- Provision of various configuration tools and timetable control facilities
- Monitoring and reporting of faults on VMS, car park counters and the communications network.